Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) Capsules x 100
It is traditionally taken to support well-being in women at any stage of life
The name Shatavari is derived from the words shatum (hundred) and vari (curer), translating to “Curer of a hundred diseases”.
This herb offers great health benefits in women including providing a natural and organic complement of estrogens that support daily health needs whatever your age and also a natural diuretic that aids in the relief of water retention. Ayurvedic texts recommend this herb for the relief and prevention of gastric ulcers, dyspepsia and galactogogue.
Satavar has small pine-needle-like phylloclades (photosynthetic branches) that are uniform and shiny green. In July, it produces minute, white flowers on short, spiky stems, and in September it fruits, producing blackish-purple, globular berries.
Benefits in women Include
- Contains natural pytho-oestrogen hormone precursors that help balance oestrogen levels
- Maintain healthy reproductive system
- Recommended to aid in relief of menopausal hot flushes, night sweats, memmory loss and anxiety.
- Can be used to optimise fertility
- Aids production of breast milk
- Assist in recovery from childbirth
General benefits of Shatavari
- Helps with body detox regimes
- Stimulates immune system
- Aids recovery from coughs
- Helps prevent stomach ulcers
- Helps fight impotence and infertility
- Helps sooth inflamed organs such as kidneys, lungs and stomach